To get to know how the app generator works, this article will go into the creation and configuration using the example of a complaint app. For information on setting up preconfigured apps, here is the link to the website: Help and booking options for the app generator.
Create your own app
Creating an empty configuration
When an Empty configuration is created, it initially contains no configuration parameters.
- Open App management in the tool menu
- Click on New configuration
- Select Empty configuration and Create app
- On the page that opens, click Start configuration
Create fields for entering data
Creating form fields configures content that the app will later map.
- Create a first form item in the Data and Views tab.
- The following blocks are available in the dialog that appears on the right:
- From fields 1 / 2 / 3-column: Field for core information about the respective process in a one-, two- or three-column design; configurable are
The section name is the heading under which further fields are added to this block.
Additional fields, for which a name and type is defined.
- Large text input: field for a longer description; can be created once per app.
- Aufgabenverwaltung: Anlegen von Aufgaben zum Vorgang
- Task management: creation of tasks for the process
- Attachments: Upload of file attachments
- Links with processes and apps: Linking processes and apps from the Q.wiki
The Workflow is used to configure the process flow of an operation. Necessary statuses and action steps for the transition between two statuses are defined.
- In the Workflow tab, statuses are created with + Add state.
- A transition is created in a status with + Add transition.
- The transition connects two statuses and describes the action between them.
- A status can have several transitions that lead to different statuses.
- In the opened dialog
- select the Target state
- Enter a meaningful name that describes the action in the Name field.
- Authorized user groups and for the transition and notification groups are entered
- These can be entered after the roles for them have been created (see Roles).
- The Add transition button accepts the entered parameters.
- The graphic on the right is updated with the added transition.
With the configuration in the Overview tab, the initial view of the app can be set.
- In the Basics section, the basic settings are made, e.g.
- Name of the overview page is displayed in the main window as page name
- App name is the name in the left navigation bar
- Text on button is displayed in the button that is used to create a new process in the app
- Naming-scheme of the entries describes the display name of a created process
- Tabs are added to the initial view in the Tabs section.
- These tabs can be named and the content or their visibility can be restricted.
- In the Table area, the display of the tables contained in the tabs is defined.
- The structure remains the same in the tabs.
- Columns can be created with + Add column. These columns are based, with exceptions, on the fields from Data and views.
- Filters for the contents are created in the Filter area. Recommended for applications with many operations.
By adding roles, you define which user is allowed to perform which transitions and edit which statuses.
- In the Roles area, roles are added, in which in turn users or groups are stored.
- Only these users have access to the action assigned to them (see Workflow).
- These roles can be entered into the Workflow after definition.
Test configuration and create app
After the required configurations have been made, the app can be tested by creating tasks, running through the workflows and checking the views.
- Save the app via the small arrow next to Test configuration.
- A revision of the app is done via the app management.
- With Test Configuration > Review Configuration, the created workflow and other parameters of the app are checked and noted if a configuration is questionable or incorrect.
- With Test configuration > Continue, a new browertab is opened in which the app is started.
- Here, the full functional tests of the app can be performed.
- The contents inserted here will be lost after closing the tab.